ARIreland Hundreds Turn Up For ARAN's Rally Against The Cruelty
Geoff
2007-01-06 12:52:12 UTC
Hi, Just been reading an article in Irish paper,
the reporter was sent to cover an Animal Rights Rally,
billed as the biggest ever in Ireland, so he went to the Garden
of Rememberance, Parnell Square, Dublin, traditional
start point to marches that then surge down O'Connell
St. towards the Dail (Parliment).. There was nobody there, except
for a queue for a bus, it was only when he noticed
that one of the queue'es was dressed as a dog that he realized
that this was the rally. When nobody else arrived, the group went
home. Not quite at the `digging up corpses' stages yet.
Usual senile pro hunt lies. The dog you saw was probably your missus.
Prat!

Grab a load of this.

http://www.aran.ie/
Hundreds Turn Up For ARAN's Rally Against The Cruelty

ARAN have released two video clips of this great event, click here to
watch the first clip or here to watch the second clip

We want to say a huge thank you for all who participated in our "Rally
Against The Cruelty" in Dublin this Sunday December 10th. It was all
part of Uncaged Campaigns, International Day for Animal Rights, other
events were also held around the world by many other animal protection
groups. ARAN would like to say a very special thank you to our friends
& colleagues from IAVS & CIWF Ireland who put on a fantastic display
at our rally and who played a very instrumental role in the run up to
this rally, they certainly do deserve recognition. We also want to
thank our hard working volunteers Sinead, Shane, Gemma, Giselle and
Heather who led the chants to our rally from start to finish! Let's
hope they can still talk after all that fantastic chanting!

Early Sunday morning the news broke on radio stations right across the
country that ARAN was to stage a rally for animal rights in Dublin. By
1pm the crowds starting building up at the Garden of Remembrance where
about 100+ gathered before shortly heading off, word has it that up to
300 people took part in the rally and at one stage it did swell
between O'Connell Street and Trinity College, some media reports
suggested 100 others suggested over 200, we hear up to 300. The
dedication of so many people there on the day was truly amazing and at
one stage we stopped outside of Barnardo Furs where we chanted "Fur Is
Murder" and "There Is No Excuse For Animal Abuse" - it was a fantastic
display of good people helping animals. We then stopped outside Dail
Eireann to hear the touching speeches by Uncaged Campaigns Director
Dan Lyons, Patricia McKenna from IAVS, Maryanne Bartlett from CIWF and
Celine O Donovan from ARAN reading a statement from our friends at ADI
and NAVS based in the UK. Coverage of Sunday's event ended up gracing
the pages ofmany broadsheet newspapers shortly after, along with
websites and new slinks.

Yesterday's event truly shows that when we work together anything is
possible. We were very proud to have many animal protection groups
around the country support this event including Irish Council Against
Bloodsports (ICABS), Clare Animal Welfare (CAW), Cats Protection,
Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ISPCA),
Northern Ireland Against Animal Cruelty (NIAAC), Cats Aid, Irish Horse
Welfare Trust, Irish Wildlife Trust, lots of other SPCA's and many
other animal rescue groups around the country. Over 200 people could
not attend on the day for many different genuine reasons but sent
countless messages to us via email, letters and text messages in
support of the rally. IAVS also had a fantastic mobile billboard which
read "38,000 Animals Suffer In Irish Laboratories" they also had some
volunteers in animal costumes and CIWF Ireland have a fabulous "Ban
Fur Farming In Ireland" banner and again two volunteers dressed in
lovely fox costume's which got attention in today's papers. Again a
huge thank you to everyone who took part and for those who were not
there this year, we certainly do hope you will be with us and the
animals next year.

Again thanks to everyone who showed up, thanks to the groups who
supported this effort and please know that again team work does
certainly make a huge difference and we hope that those who could not
make it this year will certainly be at the next event being held in
2007!

9th International Animal Rights Day (IARD)
10th December 2006
UNCAGED INSPIRES GLOBAL ACTION FOR ANIMAL RIGHTS
The 9th annual International Animal Rights Day - organised by Uncaged
- was a huge success, with more actions (100) taking place in the UK
and across the world than ever before. Thousands of activists in
almost every corner of the world united to call for animals' rights
and emphasise the unbreakable link between human and animal rights.
From Russia to Rio de Janeiro, from London to Lagos, and from Turin to
Tasmania animal advocates united in a growing declaration of
compassion, justice and civilisation - the Universal Declaration of
Animal Rights .

There were 50 events in UK towns and cities. In Dublin, the Animal
Rights Action Network (ARAN) organised a rally and march of over 200
people - the largest event for animals ever seen in the Republic of
Ireland! It attracted widespread and excellent media coverage and
Uncaged Campaigns Director, Dan Lyons, spoke at the event. Meanwhile,
International Campaigns co-ordinated over 20 events across in France,
Switzerland and Luxembourg. There were also actions in 5 Italian
cities and more in Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Russia and
Nigeria.

In South Africa there were events in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg
and Bloemfontein. Brazil saw protests in the cities of Rio de Janeiro,
Porto Alegre, Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo and 6 other cities. There were
also events in Argentina, Chile - postponed a week due to riots after
death of Gen. Pinochet), Jamaica, Canada (Montreal, Halifax), the USA
(New Jersey, California and Indiana), and Australia.

See the ARAN website too. Thanks for the opportunity to publish it.

http://www.aran.ie/
GOT A MINUTE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

Please print off an informational leaflet on circus cruelty and
display it on your noticeboard in your place of work or school. Please
help raise awareness about the pain and torture that goes into making
these poor animals perform for our "entertainment" in the circus.
Click here to print the leaflet

Hundreds Turn Up For ARAN's Rally Against The Cruelty

We want to say a huge thank you for all who participated in our "Rally
Against The Cruelty" in Dublin this Sunday December 10th. It was all
part of Uncaged Campaigns, International Day for Animal Rights, other
events were also held around the world by many other animal protection
groups. ARAN would like to say a very special thank you to our friends
& colleagues from IAVS & CIWF Ireland who put on a fantastic display
at our rally and who played a very instrumental role in the run up to
this rally, they certainly do deserve recognition. Click here for more
info or to watch a video clip of this rally!

Irish PETA Member Protests Bloody Burberry

Irish ARAN & PETA member John Carmody was involved in the launch of
PETA's Bloody Burberry campaign in London, with a highprofile
demonstration at their flagship store in London. Pelt pushers Burberry
were forced to face up to their bloody deeds when five human
mannequins wearing furs spattered with fake blood occupied the foyer
windows of the company's Regent Street store. Click here for more info

Giant Human 'Meat Packages' In Dublin Show 'We're All Made of Flesh'

What another fantastic day it has being. We set up directly opposite
the Spire which is now one of Dublin's top tourist attractions,
shortly before the girls got into the trays the crowds started
gathering around and at one point almost sealed off the entrance to
Henry Street which is another popular shopping street. The demo looked
really fantastic too and was well coordinated with many people
commenting on how effective it really looked, others wanted to take
leaflets to find out why we were there. Media coverage was AGAIN
fantastic. Click here for more info.

Giant Human ‘Meat Packages’ In Limerick Show ‘We're All Made Of Flesh’

In Limerick city today members of Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN)
wearing little more than fake blood whilst posing 'dead' inside two
meat trays covered in clear plastic with signs reading 'Meat Is
Murder' demonstrated to crowds of passersby and onlookers that if you
eat meat you're eating flesh. Click here for more info.

Nude Protesters Turn Up Heat At Brown Thomas Galway

Today two members of Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN) holding a
banner reading “Turn Your Back On Fur” protested outside of Brown
Thomas in Galway. The nude protesters who were chanting “Fur Is Murder
– Shame On Brown Thomas” were also joined by other fully clothed
activists from ARAN who distributed leaflets. Click here for more
info.

ARAN Supports SPEAK UK's Campaign To Stop Primate Laboratory

ARAN was recently represented at the latest national demo organized by
SPEAK Campaigns UK who are working to stop the building of a primate
facility that will begin experimenting on monkeys at Oxford university
in the UK. The protest brought over 800 people from around the UK and
a host of other European countries including Ireland to end the
opening of the laboratory that was forced to abandon further building
for over a year.Click here for more info.

Vogue Magazine Keeping Cruelty in Fashion

Anna Wintour editor of fashion magazine Vogue made herself one of the
animals' number one enemies when she not only ran fur spreads in
Vogue, but wrote pro-fur editorials, ran recipes on frying french
fries in horse lard, and has refused even paid ads from animal
protection groups. Today ARAN has fired off letters and faxe’s urging
the fur hag to drop the fur from her magazine or just accept paid
adverts from animal protection groups who want to show her readers the
cruel side to one of the most violent hideous industries on the face
of this planet.Click here for more info.

Breaking News ARAN Fur Protests Crash Brown Thomas

12 noon today activists from Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN)
wearing fur coats, covered in ‘blood’ and holding signs reading ‘Brown
Thomas Fur Shame’ took over the customer service desk at Brown Thomas
on Patrick Street in Cork.Click here for more info.

ARAN Releases ADI's Investigation Into Primate Breeding Facilities in
Spain

ARAN has just released new video and photographs taken by ADI just
recently inside Europe's largest laboratory monkey supply facility.
The facility in Camarles, Spain currently holds several hundred
macaque monkeys from Mauritius but has a capacity for around
3,000.Click here for more info.

ARAN & PETA Members Converge on British Embassy

Five members of Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN) took part in a
PETA organized demonstration today outside the British Embassy in
Dublin's leafy green area of Ballsbridge to call for an end to the
killing of bears to make royal headgear which takes the full skin of
one dead bear.Click here for more info.

ARAN protest arrival of Circus Vegas in Limerick city

Just in time for the arrival of circus Vegas into Limerick city, a
nude member of Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN) confined to a cage
and painted like a tiger urged people of limerick not to support
circuses that use animals.Click here for more info.

ARAN Thanks Irish MEPs for Helping the Canadian Seals

We bring you some good positive news. Although we are not rushing out
and declaring a 'campaign victory' we want to tell you about the
recent European Parliament resolution to ban the trade in seal
products.Click here for more info.

ARAN & IAVS Support ADI/NAVS International Primate Day 2006

International Primate Day was founded in 2005 by Animal Defenders
International, as part of their 'My Mate's a Primate' campaign which
is an alert to the four major threats to the survival of some of the
non-human primate species - bushmeat, laboratory, pet, and
entertainment trades. The USA is the largest user of laboratory
primates in the world. The UK is the largest user of laboratory
monkeys in the EU. Three countries, the UK, France and Germany are
responsible for almost all of the 10,000 experiments on monkeys in the
EU.Click here for more info

John Bull's Weekly Campaign To Stop Norway's Whaling

Long time ARAN friend & supporter John Bull who can certainly be seen
at almost every event we hold in Dublin has an issue he feels very
strongly about. Like most of us, John is against all forms of animal
cruelty but has a particular issue that is close to his heart, the
campaign to end Whaling! Earlier this year John was the brainstorm
behind our protests we held outside the Norwegian embassy. John helped
organize the demo, recruit activists and coordinate much of the work
prior to the demo. Click here for more info

USA Animal Rights Conference A Huge Success

Organized by FARM USA and supported largely by SATYA Magazine,
Vegnews, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, In Defense of Animals and
supported by countless other animal protection groups right across the
USA. Of course ARAN was at the event. Click here for more info

ARAN's Circus Campaign Event Makes Progress in Clare

Today's demonstration was part of the Animal Rights Action Network
(ARAN) nationwide tour of the Shackled, Lonely and Beaten campaign
that is 'exposing' the public to what the circus is so desperately
trying to hide, the miserable conditions, the violence and regular
beatings that is common place inside the circus and much more. Click
here for more info

ARAN Director Invites Minister Mary Coughlan To Strip For Anti-Circus
Campaign

Agriculture minister Mary Coughlan will strip naked as part of ARAN’s
“Shackled, Lonely and Beaten” anti-animal act circus campaign tour, if
ARAN Director John Carmody has his way. The thought provoking campaign
has thus far featured a bevy of willing nude female activists wearing
little more than scars, bruises and chains to point out the horrific
everyday conditions that animals in Irish circuses must endure.
Minister Coughlan should be next, says Carmody. Click here for more

Joanne Burke From Elephant Sanctuary Dies
For eight years, 36-year-old Joanna Burke was the primary caregiver
for the The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee's herd of rescued Asian
elephants. Joanna's life was the elephants; a life she felt blessed to
be living and one she deeply cherished. Joanna died on July 21
following a tragic accident involving Winkie, one of her elephants.
(Scott Blais, Founding Director and elephant caregiver at the
Sanctuary, was also injured in the accident but has been released from
the hospital with minor injuries.) Click here for more details...

SHOCK EU MOVE – CRUELTY FREE COSMETICS AT RISK
Wednesday 19th July at noon, outside the Lush store in Dublin, a giant
rabbit from ARAN was encouraging members of the public to ‘Vote
Against Animal Testing in Europe’ and to place their voting card in a
ballot box. The completed cards will then be sent to MEPs and relevant
government authorities. On the windows of every LUSH store in Ireland
are posters reading ‘VOTE AGAINST ANIMAL TESTING IN EUROPE’ . Click
here for more details...

ARAN Members Take Part in PETA's 2006 Running of the Nudes
What a huge success this year’s running of the nudes has being! PETA
Europe has stated over a 1000 people attended this year’s run which
took place again in Pamplona to help replace the cruel bull run which
takes place two days after the ROTN. This year several members of ARAN
headed off to London and then onto Pamplona with two coaches full of
activists from all over the UK joining people from around the world.
Click here for more details...

ARAN Slams Rosanna Davidson for Supporting Greyhound Racing and the
IGB
Today Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN) fired off a letter to
Rosanna Davidson in relation to her support of Greyhound Racing and
the Irish Greyhound Board. On Bord na gCon's website www.igb.ie you
will see that Rosanna is holding two greyhounds and Rosanna has also
being seeing at greyhound race meetings. Over the last few months ARAN
has being receiving enquiries and concerns from our members and rescue
groups around the country about Rosanna's picture on the Bord nc gCon
website.

Click here for more details...

John Carmody Meets Pamela Anderson
"Today I met Pamela Anderson in Dublin. I am so happy I got this
special opportunity. This week she sent letters and an 'explicit' DVD
to KFC restaurant managers all over Ireland that details the worst
abuses that chickens suffer on the factory farms and in the
slaughterhouses of its suppliers, including live scalding, life-long
crippling, and painful debeaking." says John Carmody, Founder of ARAN.
Click here for more details...

Irish KFC Managers receive explicit dvd from Pamela Anderson just
before star's Ireland visit
Dublin – KFC managers will receive a special delivery from Pamela
Anderson this week as she visits Ireland to promote MAC cruelty-free
cosmetics. On behalf of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
(PETA) Europe, the actor and animal rights advocate has sent the
managers her new explicit DVD showing undercover footage of KFC
suppliers’ abuse of chickens around the world. Accompanying the DVD is
a letter from Anderson in which she asks managers to urge KFC’s parent
company – Yum! Brands – to eliminate the worst abuses of chickens,
such as scalding birds to death in defeathering tanks and breeding and
drugging chickens to grow so quickly that they become crippled under
their own weight. Click here for more details...

Whips & Chains Demo in Galway - Huge Success
Starting our news anti-circus campaign tour 'Whips & Chains Belong in
the Bedroom and not in the Circus' got off to a great start. Click
here for more details...

ARAN Slams Rosanna Davidson for Supporting Greyhound Racing and the
IGB
Today Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN) fired off a letter to
Rosanna Davidson in relation to her support of Greyhound Racing and
the Irish Greyhound Board. On Bord na gCon's website www.igb.ie you
will see that Rosanna is holding two greyhounds and Rosanna has also
being seeing at greyhound race meetings. Over the last few months ARAN
has being receiving enquiries and concerns from our members and rescue
groups around the country about Rosanna's picture on the Bord nc gCon
website Click here for more details...

ARAN & PETA Follow Australian Prime Minister John Howard on Irish
Visit
Our protest with PETA in Dublin was well planned and a huge success.
We set up along the main entrance to where John Howard was arriving,
although flanked by a lot of police officers our display was amazing.
ARAN activists, the sheep and a full class of students who held our
placards reading “ Mr Howard: Stop torturing Sheep” began the protest.
We also gave out the “What’s Wrong With Wool” leaflets. Shortly before
John Howard arrived we done interviews with an Australian TV crew
called Channel 7 who cover all the TV stations in Australia, we also
supplied them with a copy of the PETA news release and a copy of
“Australia’s Secret Shame” beta tape and spoke about the campaign. We
also done a radio interview with International Network News. Click
here for more details...

John Carmody in Pink News!
Click here for more details...

ARAN Targets Norway's Whaling
Members of Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN) gathered in front of
Norway’s embassy to protest against their plans on slaughtering 1052
whales this year. With banners reading END THE CRUELTY and NORWAY STOP
KILLING WHALES and STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY members spoke out against the
slaughter and for two hours spoke loud on two megaphones that ensured
at one point the whole of Molesworth street was brought to a complete
standstill and every passerby wanting to know why we where there and
with the leaflets we made up we ensured everyone knew that NORWAY
STILL KILLS. Click here for more information.

ARAN's protest at GlaxoSmithKline
For details on last Sundays protest at GSK Dublin click here.

Join members of ARAN for Peta's 'Running of the Nudes' 2006
For the third year running members of Animal Rights Action Network
(ARAN) will be heading to Pamplona with PETA to protest against the
running of the bulls and instead replace the cruelty with a fun
running of the nude’s party on the street that involves no animals and
is a win-win for everyone involved! You are invited to come along with
us but please hurry as registration ends on May 31st. Click here for
further information.

Local 67 year old attacked in response to her rescuing of abused dogs
Kerry — Animal protection groups around the country have been
horrified at the recent attack on a 67 year old animal rescuer in
Kerry in response to her rescuing of two dogs that were left abandoned
and homeless on the streets of Kerry. Mrs Tessa DeLacy, a pensioner
from County Kerry, has long been actively involved in the rescuing of
homeless and abandoned animals and has dedicated her life to educating
children and adults of compassion for animals.

Mrs DeLacy lives just outside Tralee in County Kerry. She's 67 years
old and lives with her autistic son, 35. She rescues cats and dogs
from all over the county and is given a government-funded grant each
year to do just this. She is a very well known, liked and much
respected lady in the 'animal rescue community', and last night she
was attacked in her own home.

While in Tralee town centre yesterday afternoon, Tuesday 25 April, Mrs
DeLacy saw two Jack Russell dogs running frantically through the town
in a totally dazed and confused state, running in and out of shops and
running in the road. She has seen this happen quite often, people
throwing their dogs out of the car when they've had enough of them,
and she always takes the dogs home to feed them, bath them, vaccinate
them and find them a loving home, normally in England.

Yesterday evening, four large traveller men broke into her house while
she was at home with her autistic son, and started shouting at her and
pushing her around, demanding to know where these dogs were as they
claimed that they were theirs. They grabbed the two dogs that she had
rescued by the back legs and threw them into their car, and then one
of the travelers shouted "Grab as many dogs as you can" at which point
Mrs. DeLacy held onto the door handle of the kitchen, which is where
her dogs were being kept, and screamed at them saying that she was
going to call the Gards. At this point they pushed her so hard that
she fell over, injuring her shoulder, but they did leave without
stealing any of her dogs. She has 12 rescue dogs at the moment, most
of whom are too old or ill to be re-homed, so she gives them a really
good quality of life in their final years. Mrs DeLacy is now in fear
for hers, and her dogs', lives as the Travellers' parting words to her
were "we'll be back".

“This points out what we have been saying for a long time; if people
are cruel to animals it’s inevitable that they’ll turn on humans too,
whether they be adults or, indeed, children. Animal and human abuse is
connected" said Catherine Smith, daughter of Tess Delacy.

ARAN & NIAAE Protest P&G
Recently members of Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN) and Northern
Ireland Against Animal Experiments (NIAAE) held an information
awareness leafletting session in Belfast and urged people to boycott
Procter & Gamble and also promoted World Lab Animals Day. Our bunny
also made a stop outside of Body Shop and distributed tons of
leaflets.

Uncaged is organizing an international day of protest against Procter
& Gamble and here in Ireland ARAN is supporting Uncaged by organizing
a day of action all over Ireland, if you can do something in your city
or town please get in touch today.

ARAN Beauty Bares All, Including Truth Behind Circus’s Phony Claims

Today we organized the fourth "Shackled, Lonely and Beaten" nude
demonstration in Belfast as part of our national anti-animal act
circus campaign tour not only was it a success by how many people we
reached we also had almost a dozen photographers and reporters alone
with a crew from UTV News Television which broadcasted our
demonstration and the investigation by our campaign partners at Animal
Defenders International ensuring everyone who seeing it now knowing
exactly what goes on behind closed doors at the circus and never to
support such places.

This demonstration was also planned in time for the starting up of the
northern assembly and ARAN hopes that today's demonstration will
educate decision makers who have the power to end the use of animals
in circuses and that they will follow the same path that the UK and
Scottish governments have taken on ending 'wild' animals in circuses,
but ARAN would like to see and end to all animals in circuses and
entertainment. Stay tuned for more upcoming demos!

Body Shop Take Over
Recently, two pioneering makers of cruelty-free products-The Body Shop
and Tom's of Maine-were acquired by large multinational
companies-L'Oréal and Colgate, respectively. Caring consumers can send
a message to the larger companies that cruelty-free products are good
for business by continuing to buy The Body Shop and Tom's of Maine
products-both companies have pledged to keep their strong policies
against testing on animals. Click here for more information.

Canadian embassy picketed by seal cull protestors

Animal right activists today stepped up their campaign for a ban on
seal hunting by taking their protest to the Canadian Embassy.
Picketing outside the St Stephen's Green building, demonstrators urged
consumers across Ireland to boycott all Canadian seafood until its
annual cull is stopped. Organiser, Limerick-based activist John
Carmody of the Animal Rights Action Network (Aran), pleaded with
residents to join their appeal. "We are asking people in Ireland to
contact the Canadian officials and voice their disgust in the violent
barbaric slaughtering of seals and boycott Canadian seafood," he said.
"These seals are hacked, picked to death or clubbed or shot and die
very slowly. Some have even been skinned alive or choked on their own
blood. "This is the world's largest slaughtering of any marine
mammals, with thousands of seals already killed this year alone."
Celebrities all over the world have joined the protest against the
killing of 325,000 young seals by registered hunters who claim they
decimate cod stocks. John added: "This seal hunt takes place once the
fishing season is over and the fur is sold, mainly in south east Asia.
"We hope this is the last year this takes place, but if the Canadian
Government doesn't stop it we know a worldwide boycott will work. "We
have identified that €126,000 worth of Canadian seafood is sold
annually in Ireland. "There has been a huge boycott in America and we
now are stepping up our campaign in the UK and Ireland." The seal hunt
will begin in the Gulf of St Lawrence this week. Click here for media
coverage on BreakingNews.ie

Creative Bird Flue protest highlights vegetarianism

Bird flu seems to be hitting the headlines on a regular basis and here
in Ireland the media are talking about an epidemic! ARAN took
advantage of this and organized a creative protest that PETA done in
the USA and UK to get the headlines and use them to highlight
vegetarianism! Two nude members of ARAN lay 'dead' in rose flower
decorated coffins on O'Connell street in Dublin opposite the Spire
with signs reading "Bird Flu Kills - Go Vegetarian" It's unfortunate
we have to do such events, but if we stand on the street with signs
reading 'go vegetarian' not many seem to take notice and the media
certainly won't, but, once we do creative demonstrations like this it
tends to get the media out and people actually sit up and take note of
why we do it! Media coverage was positive and good for this event and
during radio interviews and interviews with print media we focused
entirely on urging people to go vegetarian and spoke about why animals
are not ours to eat and how they suffer terribly before ending up as
meat. We sent out vegetarian starter kits after doing this demo to
people who requested more information! www.goveg.co.uk go vegetarian
if you're not already!

ARAN's Circus Campaign Billboard Is Full Steam Ahead!!!
Just recently we sent out an appeal for help in funding an anti-animal
act circus campaign billboard for here in Ireland. Thanks to response
of many including volunteers, members and the Animal Defenders
International we have now scheduled this billboard for three days here
in Ireland.

Please do your very best to come along and see for yourself what your
donation is helping to achieve. You will also be glad to know that
100% of your donation has gone directly into funding this billboard
and we would love to provide you with a receipt if necessary - but the
best receipt you can get is to see the billboard with your very own
eyes, so thank you and here are the details of our ‘unveiling' days
below.

BILLBOARD SCHEDULE FOR IRELAND AND THE NORTH OF IRELAND

(ARAN & ADI will be inviting the media to all unveilings)

When: March 7th 2006
Where: Arts Council of Ireland, 70 Merrion Square, Dublin 2
Time: 12 noon sharp

When: March 8th 2006
Where: City Hall, Royal Avenue, Belfast
Time: 12 noon sharp

When: March 9th 2006
Where: Limerick City Centre outside of Pennys O'Connell Street
Time: 12 noon sharp

When: March 9th 2006
Where: outside of an Ennis public schools (address o be confirmed)
Time: 3.15pm sharp

Remember your donations made this billboard possible. Now because of
our getting this billboard not only will we reach thousands of people
on the street during the ‘unveiling' but we will also reach many
hundreds of thousands with the possible media coverage. This is part
of a huge campaign ARAN is spearheading here in Ireland with ADI and
tons of protests being organised, local meetings being held, lobbying,
media campaigns, information stands and much more going on. Stay tuned
because we are doing so much and have got so much coming up and we
want you to be part of this history in the making for our campaign to
- “BAN ANIMALS IN IRISH CIRCUSES”

Dublin Demo Dates for March
We have three major events planned for Dublin City in March. Please
make a commitment to come to at least one of them or if possible all
of them! Email us to confirm your attendance if possible and be sure
to spread the word!

What: ARAN is starting off its Irish mobile circus campaign billboard
tour of Ireland with ADI by unveiling the anti-animal act circus
billboard outside the Arts Council of Ireland as they have recently
grant funded several Irish circuses despite their knowing about the
campaign here in Ireland to ban the use of animals in Irish Circuses.
Please do your best to come along and support this special and
exciting one hour event before the billboard sets off around Dublin
city centre highlighting our campaign. (The billboard is also being
unveiled to the public, media and councilors in Belfast, Limerick and
Clare the same week)

When: March 7th, 2006

Where: Arts Council, 70 Merrion Square Dublin 2

Time: 12 noon sharp

What: The bird flu situation seems to be gripping Europe and spreading
fast whilst millions of helpless ducks, chickens and other birds are
being horribly and needlessly slaughtered! Two nude members of ARAN
will lie ‘dead' in coffins to highlight our message “Bird Flu Kills -
Go Vegetarian” This event is sure to get tons of publicity and
highlight the vegetarian message - please come along to hand out
leaflets or hold a poster!

When: March 15th, 2006

Where: Start of Henry Street - Opposite the Spire Dublin 2.

Time: 12 noon sharp.

What: Join ARAN for a rally in support of the international day of
action against the Canadian Seal Hunt. For four years ARAN has being
organising this rally which continues to grow in numbers - please be
sure to come along and support this very important event - it could be
Canada's last hunt.

When: March 23rd, 2006

Where: Canadian Embassy, 65 St Stephens Green, Dublin 2

Time: 12 noon til 2pm

These are three main events that are planned for the Dublin area for
March,we ask that you please do your very best to come along to any if
not all these events that are for mostly one hour. Your participation
helps and is very much appreciated - again please do let us know if
you are coming along and be sure to spread the word and encourage
family, friends and colleagues too!

Thanks for all that you are doing to help animals; we really are
making a difference!

Take Part in ARAN's Rally Against the Canadian Seal Hunt
2006 could be the last year the Canadian seal hunt takes place. Canada
now has a new Prime Minister, Steven Harper. The boycott of Canadian
'sea food' has already blown a $150 million dollar hole in the exports
of 'sea food' to the United States of America alone! Also Greenland,
Italy and the UK are now taking steps to ban the imports of seal skins
into the country - now has never been a better time to take part in
the Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN) rally against the seal hunt.

Please join us for the peaceful visual rally outside the Canadian
embassy where we'll call for the slaughter to be stopped and a boycott
of Canadian 'sea food'.

When: Thursday 23rd March, 2006.

Where: Canadian Embassy, 65 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2.

Time: 12noon - 2pm (Stay for as long as you can!)

This rally will be the fourth rally we have organised This year we
want to make it even bigger - ARAN will have a huge vinyl banner that
will read “Canada Stop Killing Seals” and will also be giving out
placards that read “Boycott Canadian Sea Food” and “Do Something”. We
will also be showing the slaughter on a portable DVD player.

Please do your very best to come along to this protest for even just
one hour and be sure to forward this email to everyone you can
possibly think of. This may be the very last protest we have to attend
to stop the Canadian seal hunt once and for all.

Be sure to check out www.protectseals.org - www.seashepherd.org -
www.harpseals.org for more information on the campaign.

--

***************************
"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you

Check out Animal Aid’s brand new one-minute video.
This powerful film, containing shocking images,
just begs to be seen by as many people as possible.
Help raise awareness by sending it to your friends
and family. http://tinyurl.com/yjmxo2

The logic some people use for not attending church, is used to avoid washing

1.I was forced to as a child.
2.People who make soap are only after your money.
3.I wash on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
4.People who wash are hypocrites-they think they are cleaner than everyone else.
5.There are so many different kinds of soap,I can't decide which one is best.
6.I used to wash, but it got boring so I stopped.
7.None of my friends wash.
8.The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer.
9.I'll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
10.I can't spare the time .
Geoff
2007-01-06 12:56:20 UTC
Hi, Just been reading an article in Irish paper,
the reporter was sent to cover an Animal Rights Rally,
billed as the biggest ever in Ireland, so he went to the Garden
of Rememberance, Parnell Square, Dublin, traditional
start point to marches that then surge down O'Connell
St. towards the Dail (Parliment).. There was nobody there, except
for a queue for a bus, it was only when he noticed
that one of the queue'es was dressed as a dog that he realized
that this was the rally. When nobody else arrived, the group went
home. Not quite at the `digging up corpses' stages yet.
:-)
Perhaps the 'digging up corpses' activists are nocturnal and were in
bed asleep, leaving the political wing to do the rallying.
Thanks for the opportunity to publicize ARAN.

About ARAN

http://www.aran.ie/
Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN) Ireland’s national animal rights
group was formed by John Carmody in 2000. ARAN is a vegan based group
working to end all forms of animal cruelty and to speak out for their
rights.

Since our inception, ARAN has being working right across the country
organizing tons of creative events and protests that are speaking up
for animals and stopping the cruelty. Our attention grabbing
demonstrations are regularly covered by the national media and we
continue to hold a strong presence on TV, Radio and newspapers
nationwide reaching many tens of thousands of people informing them
about the cruelty and how they can stop it.

ARAN works on many different campaigns here in Ireland and also
supports many international campaigns by organizing letter writing and
protests that help support the campaigns. Here in Ireland we are
working to end as much cruelty as we possibly can and we do this by
helping volunteers and members of the public get active for animals in
their day to day routine along with our own volunteers working long
hours coordinating research, lobbying and grassroots efforts. From
writing letters, attending protests and speaking out for the animals
with any chance you can get, together we are making a huge difference
for animal’s right across the country and around the world that need
our voice. ARAN continues to be a professional, peaceful and creative
organization that is volunteered based where all our devoted resources
are put effectively and directly into stopping the cruelty. ARAN
believes that we can move mountains for animals if we all work
together, this means people and groups, thankfully ARAN has a fine
reputation with many respected animal protection groups here in
Ireland, Europe and around the world and continues to receive
tremendous support from many.

ARAN is making a huge difference. On a weekly basis we continue to
rescue homeless and abandoned animals where we work with local
reputable welfare groups on finding loving, permanent caring homes.
ARAN continues to promote vegetarianism and veganism to the wider
public and we are happy to report many people going vegetarian at
least, saving many animals from suffering and slaughter, we are
reaching thousands of potential circus goers with the message that
circuses which use animals are cruel and bringing people many
alternatives with entertainment that does not involve any animal,
helping to highlight and campaign to end bloodsports, greyhound
racing, cruel unscientific animal experiments, fur wearing and so much
more – but ARAN is only as effective as the help it receives from good
people like you and we appreciate it too.

You have the power to make a lot of change. From attending protests to
writing letters and much more every little bit helps to make the day
closer to ending all animal cruelty, but whilst we know our heads are
in the clouds our feet are firmly on the ground. Please keep in touch
with ARAN and let us know your ideas and concerns at any time. It’s
always a good idea to tell us which city you live in so that we can
add you to our mailing list so that if we are organizing events we can
contact you directly.

Thanks for all that you are doing to help animals, together we can
make huge change, it’s truly appreciated. Be sure to keep checking
ARAN.ie for more updates on our work around the country.

--

***************************

10.I can't spare the time .
Geoff
2007-01-06 13:33:18 UTC
boycott Procter & Gamble

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/pg.htm

Who are Procter & Gamble?
Procter & Gamble (P&G) are the world’s largest consumer products
company, with an annual turnover of over $43 billion. Their
international headquarters is in the US city of Cincinnati.

Traditionally known for their soaps and detergents, P&G now produce a
massive range of products in hair care, cosmetics, perfumes, personal
hygiene, laundry care, snack food, paper and feminine hygiene, and
even pet food. P&G’s brands include Ariel, Daz, Fairy, Max Factor,
Olay, Pantene Pro-V, Herbal Essences, and Head and Shoulders. Click
here for the full list.

Why Boycott P&G?
P&G admit that guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, ferrets, rats and mice
are among the animals used in their ‘product safety research’, as well
as cats and dogs in pet food experiments. Uncaged’s investigations
continue to reveal disturbing examples of P&G’s ongoing involvement in
painful and lethal animal tests.

Procter & Gamble exist for one reason, and one reason only - to make
as much money as possible. P&G test on animals because of their desire
to get new chemical ingredients on to the market. This allows them to
claim that their new hair dye, skin cream or washing powder etc. is
‘new, improved’, in the hope of increasing sales. But with many
companies producing similar consumer products without carrying out
animal tests, it shows that P&G’s cruelty is motivated by greed.

Obviously, P&G realise that their behaviour appals most people. Sadly,
instead of reforming, P&G invest enormous amounts in PR and spin that
aims to give a rosy impression of their testing practices. P&G have
even been lobbying governments to try to block bans on animal testing
for cosmetics that have public support. Now, Uncaged’s investigations
have uncovered P&G’s outrageous plans to carry out massive animal
testing programmes for new cosmetics and household product
ingredients.

Money is the only language P&G understand. Ultimately, by boycotting
P&G, you hold the key to saving the many thousands of animals who
suffer and die every year in cruel and unnecessary tests conducted by
this company.

P&G products to boycott
List up-to-date as of March 2006
Ace ~ laundry
Always & Alldays ~ feminine hygiene
Ariel - laundry
Aussie ~ hair care

Baldessarini ~ fragrance
Bold ~ laundry
Born Blonde ~ hair dye
Bounce ~ laundry
Bounty ~ kitchen roll
Braun ~ electric shavers etc

Camay ~ soap
Charmin ~ loo roll
Crest ~ toothpaste

Daz ~ laundry
Dreft ~ laundry
Duracell ~ batteries

Eukanuba ~ pet food

Fairy ~ various cleaning products
Febreze ~ fabric spray
Fixodent ~ denture fixer
Flash ~ cleaning product

Gillette ~ shaving products
Giorgio Beverley Hills ~ fragrance
Glide ~ dental floss

Head & Shoulders ~ shampoos
Herbal Essences ~ shampoos
Hugo Boss ~ fragrances
Hydrience ~ hair dye

IAMS ~ pet food
Infacare ~ baby wash

Jean Patou/Joy ~ fragrances

Lacoste ~ fragrance
Lasting Care ~ hair dye
Laura Biagiotti ~ fragrance
Lenor ~ fabric softener
Loving Care ~ hair dye

Max Factor ~ make up
Mum ~ deodorant

Nice n Easy ~ hair dye
Noxema ~ shaving foam

Olay ~ skin care
Old Spice ~ fragrance
Oral B ~ dental products

Pampers ~ disposable nappies
Pantene Pro V ~ shampoo
Pringles ~ snack food

Silvikrin ~ hair care
SK-II ~ skin care
Shockwaves ~ hair products

Tampax ~ feminine hygiene
Tempo ~ tissues

Viakal ~ bathroom cleaner
Vortex ~ bleach

Wash n Go ~ shampoo
Wella ~ range of hair products

Zest ~ soap

--

***************************

10.I can't spare the time .
a***@aol.com
2007-01-07 13:44:37 UTC
On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 13:33:18 +0000, Geoff <***@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Good list! Worth printing and encapsulating for future reference.
Post by Geoff
[...]
List up-to-date as of March 2006
[...]
Angus Macmillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org
www.con-servation.org.uk

All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed;
Second, it is violently opposed; and
Third, it is accepted as self-evident.
-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)
Geoff
2007-01-07 14:12:46 UTC
Post by a***@aol.com
Good list! Worth printing and encapsulating for future reference.
Amazing how many pies they have their finger! Don't forget to let them
know what you are boycotting.
Post by a***@aol.com
Post by Geoff
[...]
List up-to-date as of March 2006

10.I can't spare the time .
T***@hotmail.com
2007-01-07 15:35:03 UTC
Keep up the good work because it is very much needed! You may get the
notion that you are not getting anywhere from some of the responses you
are getting but we stopped eating all meat and fish on account of
information put out by animal rights organizations.
Post by a***@aol.com
Post by Geoff
[...]
List up-to-date as of March 2006
10.I can't spare the time .
Geoff
2007-01-07 17:30:24 UTC
Post by T***@hotmail.com
Keep up the good work because it is very much needed! You may get the
notion that you are not getting anywhere from some of the responses you
are getting but we stopped eating all meat and fish on account of
information put out by animal rights organizations.
This is how many of us discovered what was going on in the real world.
The suffering of animals. CONservation hooliganism and the like.

Don't worry. Only a fraction of Internet users actually post on Usenet
and WWW, over 85% use it to read, observe and learn. ;-) The message
is getting read, as we can see from the growth in animal rights
globally, and vegetarianism.

The biggest growth in the supermarkets these days, is for vegetarian
food, and much of that is traditional foods that used to contain
animal products, and now don't. Even the chicken crisps are vegetarian
now ;-). It's so popular, even Sainsburys claims "You don't have to be
vegetarian to eat it"

The few you see slagging everything off here, are just the usual
schoolboy bullies, who never grew up. Some people just don't want to
learn. Some people just don't care, but that's their choice. We shall
not be moved.

Well done to those who have seen the light :-)
Post by T***@hotmail.com
Post by a***@aol.com
Post by Geoff
[...]
List up-to-date as of March 2006

10.I can't spare the time .
Sally
2007-01-07 17:48:29 UTC
Post by Geoff
Post by T***@hotmail.com
[...]
The biggest surprise for us, was how easy it is to go veggie these
days. Most of the world love animals, but we just didn't realise the
extent of their abuse.

We do now thanks.

Happy New Year to all those who spread the word.
Post by Geoff
Post by T***@hotmail.com
Post by a***@aol.com
Post by Geoff
[...]
List up-to-date as of March 2006
10.I can't spare the time .
T***@hotmail.com
2007-01-07 18:24:35 UTC
Post by Sally
Post by Geoff
Post by T***@hotmail.com
[...]
It is very easy to eat tasty and good meals without eating the flesh of
animals that in most cases were produced by cruel and unsanitary
factory farming. Yes, we owe much to animal rights organizations for
getting the information out to us and we support them as best as we
can.
Post by Geoff
Post by T***@hotmail.com
Post by a***@aol.com
Post by Geoff
[...]
List up-to-date as of March 2006
10.I can't spare the time .
Alf King
Don't you ever get fed up with talking to yourself?
Jim Webster
2007-01-07 21:15:48 UTC
Post by Alf King
Post by T***@hotmail.com
Post by Sally
Post by Sally
We do now thanks.
Don't you ever get fed up with talking to yourself?
side effect of the vegetarian diet appears to be that the sufferer breaks
out in sock puppets

Jim Webster
Geoff
2007-01-07 21:23:55 UTC
On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 21:15:48 -0000, "Jim Webster"
Post by Jim Webster
Post by Alf King
Post by T***@hotmail.com
Post by Sally
Post by Sally
We do now thanks.
Don't you ever get fed up with talking to yourself?
side effect of the vegetarian diet appears to be that the sufferer breaks
out in sock puppets
Didn't know you were veggie!

--

***************************

Oz
2007-01-07 20:58:28 UTC
Post by Sally
The biggest surprise for us, was how easy it is to go veggie these
days. Most of the world love animals, but we just didn't realise the
extent of their abuse.
I hope people go on eating lamb and beef, I enjoy seeing them in the
fields. Much nicer that rows of boring plants.

They probably enjoy wandering around the fields grazing, too.
--
Oz
Geoff
2007-01-07 21:02:14 UTC
Post by Oz
Post by Sally
The biggest surprise for us, was how easy it is to go veggie these
days. Most of the world love animals, but we just didn't realise the
extent of their abuse.
I hope people go on eating lamb and beef, I enjoy seeing them in the
fields. Much nicer that rows of boring plants.
I don't know. Fields of crop are often spectacular, take rape for
example, lavender, sunflower......
Post by Oz
They probably enjoy wandering around the fields grazing, too.
Just as much as we do, no doubt about it. That's not a reason to kill
them is it!

--

***************************

10.I can't spare the time .
Jim Webster
2007-01-07 21:15:02 UTC
Post by Sally
Post by Geoff
Post by T***@hotmail.com
[...]
actually no, most of the world is increasing the amount of meat they eat,
and this is people who are a lot closer to the soil than you

Meat eating is on the rise, just look at the figures

Jim Webster
Jim Webster
which goes to prove that you can fool some of the people all of the time
Hamish
2007-01-07 18:03:33 UTC
Post by Jim Webster
which goes to prove that you can fool some of the people all of the time
Given the range of products Proctor & Gambol produce the term "Great
Unwashed" comes to mind .
Remus
2007-01-06 22:22:07 UTC

Another fledgling terrorist group. Just what Ireland needs isn't it? Never mind, they'll probably all be in jail in a year or two - hopefully.
Jim Webster
2007-01-06 23:02:44 UTC
"Remus" <***@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45a02120$***@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

"Geoff" <***@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...

Another fledgling terrorist group. Just what Ireland needs isn't it? Never
mind, they'll probably all be in jail in a year or two - hopefully.

yep looks as if the Irish regarded this lot as an irrelevence

Jim Webster
a***@aol.com
2007-01-06 23:53:28 UTC
On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:02:44 -0000, "Jim Webster"
Post by Remus
Another fledgling terrorist group. Just what Ireland needs isn't it? Never
mind, they'll probably all be in jail in a year or two - hopefully.
yep looks as if the Irish regarded this lot as an irrelevence
Jim Webster
Not according to reports.

Sounds like a good organisation to me.

Best of luck to them.

Hamish
2007-01-07 07:46:50 UTC
Post by Remus
Another fledgling terrorist group. Just what Ireland needs isn't it?
Never mind, they'll probably all be in jail in a year or two - hopefully.
I do rather hope we are in a long period of peace and prosperity for
Ireland. We are on a path to a slow natural, unforced unification of Ireland
which with its high quality of education, links with the USA and British
Commonwealth can only benifit the prosperity of the whole of the British
Isles. The legacies of Cromwell to both England and Ireland need to be
confined to the history books.

The gangsters in Dublin cannot hide behind psuedo-political facade and I
hope the Garda stomp on them as the criminals and threat to stable society
they are.

As for the animaal rights fringe, I hope the "high quality of Education"
leaves them as a powerless vocal group, ignored by the majority.
Geoff
2007-01-07 08:33:20 UTC
Post by Hamish
Post by Remus
Another fledgling terrorist group. Just what Ireland needs isn't it?
Never mind, they'll probably all be in jail in a year or two - hopefully.
I do rather hope we are in a long period of peace and prosperity for
Ireland. We are on a path to a slow natural, unforced unification of Ireland
which with its high quality of education, links with the USA and British
Commonwealth can only benifit the prosperity of the whole of the British
Isles. The legacies of Cromwell to both England and Ireland need to be
confined to the history books.
The gangsters in Dublin cannot hide behind psuedo-political facade and I
hope the Garda stomp on them as the criminals and threat to stable society
they are.
As for the animaal rights fringe, I hope the "high quality of Education"
Something you obviously lacked in the workhouse!
Post by Hamish
leaves them as a powerless vocal group, ignored by the majority.
They/we are the majority, as you loons found out with the hunt ban. In
turn, the huge, silent majority will stand out against all animal
abuse, in any form. Then those who seek to injure defenseless
creatures, will have to go back to using their own children to satisfy
their warped cravings!

--

***************************

10.I can't spare the time .
Oz
2007-01-07 08:59:33 UTC
Post by Hamish
As for the animaal rights fringe, I hope the "high quality of Education"
leaves them as a powerless vocal group, ignored by the majority.
As in england?
--
Oz
Geoff
2007-01-07 09:07:38 UTC
Post by Oz
Post by Hamish
As for the animaal rights fringe, I hope the "high quality of Education"
leaves them as a powerless vocal group, ignored by the majority.
As in england?
snigger
--

***************************

10.I can't spare the time .
Jim Webster
2007-01-07 09:43:29 UTC
Post by Oz
Post by Hamish
As for the animaal rights fringe, I hope the "high quality of Education"
leaves them as a powerless vocal group, ignored by the majority.
As in england?
well when you look at their usenet presence, discard pete and his sock
puppets and they don't have a presence.

Jim Webster
Geoff
2007-01-07 12:34:22 UTC
On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 09:43:29 -0000, "Jim Webster"
Post by Jim Webster
Post by Oz
Post by Hamish
As for the animaal rights fringe, I hope the "high quality of Education"
leaves them as a powerless vocal group, ignored by the majority.
As in england?
well when you look at their usenet presence, discard pete and his sock
puppets and they don't have a presence.
LOL that is delusion in it's grandest sense!
--

***************************

10.I can't spare the time .
Hamish
2007-01-07 10:03:04 UTC
"Oz" <***@farmeroz.port995.com> wrote in message news:***@farmeroz.port995.com...
, I hope the "high quality of Education"
Post by Oz
As in england?
Less than 50 % English pupils leave with 5 GCSEs at C or above which
includes maths and english.
If you consider a grade c maths is about the minimum you need to check your
electricity bill and a grade c english the minimum to write a letter of
complaint when it is not, I think you can exclude the term "high quality of
Education" from english education.

England is still heavily into non-paper qualifications for job selection
and very few jobs exclude individuals who have failed
to achieve an adequate education. Inter-personal skills and background are
still key which boils down to an ability to bull-shit and have the right
parents.

After all we want the right sort in senior positions and we can always
encourage folk from the new ec nations if we are short of skilled workers.
It takes 16 years to get a UK child educated to degree level, only 6 months
to get a graduate immigrant orientated with UK work practices. It makes no
sense to waste all that money training a workforce when you can import so
much more cheaply.

Now Ireland has upto recently been a net exporter of skilled labour, if you
want to export you do need to ensure that the education and training is
better than the market you are exporting to.